For over a century Zebra Pen has supplied the world with the highest quality writing instruments and marking instruments. We are a world leader in innovation and have dedicated ourselves to excellence.
Zebra has a long history of employing dedicated, innovative and motivated employees. We pride ourselves in our quality standards both in our product line and with our people.
Zebra offers a challenging environment where your talents as a leader in Marketing, Office Support, Sales and other key departments will improve and grow as we grow our business.
We are always looking for new, innovative and creative ideas. Looking for career opportunities? If you are interested in joining our team you can submit your resume with cover letter and salary requirements to [email protected] or 242 Raritan Center Parkway Edison, NJ 08837 Attn: Human Resources. Please reference the position title in the subject of your email.
Zebra Pen Corporation – Open Position
Zebra Pen Corp. is a leading manufacturer of writing instruments in the school, home, and office industries. Zebra Pen was founded 1982 as an independent corporation wholly owned by Zebra Co. Ltd., of Tokyo, Japan.
The name Zebra is as unique as the products we sell. Zebra Pen Corporation offers a full line of writing instruments including ball point pens, highlighters, mechanical pencils, gel rollerballs and correction pens.
At Zebra Pen, we pride ourselves in quality, innovation, and value. We stand behind our name and guarantee satisfaction and ultimate writing performance.
Sales Manager – Arts & Activity
The Art & Activity Sales Manager will introduce Zebra Pen into the Art market and build relationships with accounts in the Art market. The Sales Manager is responsible for all sales activity within the Arts & Activity market, and accounts assigned. The Sales Manager will maintain existing direct account sales & develop profitable new sales opportunities with the focus on the Art & Activity channels. Develop strategic business plans for individual accounts with a focus on driving Zebra Pen sales & profits. The Sales Manager will develop, create, and implement account marketing of Zebra products. The Sales Manager will be responsible for directing manufacturer representatives in assigned areas and will be responsible for Sales Forecast and Expense budgets. Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Directly responsible for managing existing Major accounts – which includes, but not limited, to maintaining on going communications, account calls, line & promotional presentations, POS, account deductions, account ordering & shipping, and promotional & marketing planning, Selling and managing existing accounts. Coordinate with Zebra Staff and achieve marketing and sales operational objectives by contributing marketing and sales information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change
2. Maintain existing secondary accounts – includes, but not limited to, account call presentations. Initially hire then manage and supervise manufacturer reps with in Territory and oversee promotional activities, account pricing & deductions, develop sales & marketing plans & strategy. Manage communication of account & Zebra Pen activity, follow up on sales & product training, sales quotes, and direction. Identifies marketing opportunities by identifying consumer requirements; defining market, competitor’s share, and competitor’s strengths and weaknesses; forecasting projected business; establishing targeted market share.
3. Educate Zebra Pen on the Art Market (sales and marketing) with a special focus on introducing: pricing, promotions, programs, policies/procedures and best practices, competition, new products, categories, and markets.
4. Strategize with VP of Sales for new business, forecast and budgetary needs.
5. Work with Forecast Analyst monthly to adjust for annual product projections and forecasts. Determine annual and gross-profit plans by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products; analyzing trends and results; establishing pricing strategies; recommending selling prices; monitoring costs, competition, supply, and demand.
6. Work with Administrative Assistant in preparing for presentations, meetings, catalog reviews and other reviews. Train, Develop/Coach and Evaluate staff – includes effectively managing, communicate, and train sales administrator assigned to my position. Conduct annual review & performance appraisal
7. Create and Manage Expense Budget with Program Responsibility
8. Coordinate with Marketing on Promotions, POS, Sales Reviews and Product and Market Analysis. Prepare for and work National Shows. Negotiate Programs for all HQ accounts assigned
9. Travel to major accounts and into territories to cultivate current business and mine new business. Work local trade shows. Train local territory Reps in their respective territories. Sustains rapport with key accounts by making periodic visits; exploring specific needs; anticipating new opportunities
10. Oversee sections of the US retail and Commercial markets
• Minimum of 10+ years Sales experience in the Art & Activity market
• Knowledge of the Art & Activity Industry in both the Retail Markets & Distribution Outlets
• Minimum 10+ years’ experience with consumer goods products
• Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving and results
• Experience managing outside sales reps via phone, in-person meeting and through written
• Working knowledge of Promotions
• Budget management experience
• Category management
• BA or BS in related field
• Proficient in Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
• Ability to communicate and motivate clearly and effectively with internal and external contacts via in-person meetings, telephone, and written communication
• Prospecting, and recruiting potential manufacturer reps and new accounts
• People management skills and natural ability to make effective business decisions in the best interest of the company
• Strong Presentation skills
• Superior written and verbal communication skills
• Multi-tasking and coordinating project with changing priorities
• Strong understanding of the retail environment
• Strong financial and analytical skills
• Works independently and within a team environment
• P & L knowledge and understanding
• Forecasting experience
• Analytical aptitude
• Travel Required (+/- 30%) Domestic
Updated – March 3, 2017